Evanna Lynch shines in this whimsical road trip film that has a compelling backstory. Visually enchanting. Exerts an undeniable charm.
Illuminating with touching honesty. Charms you into submission
...elegent...impressive... This is a strange, but easily accessible beast that deserves to do well.
Grabs you heart and soul and drags you across the Irish countryside with its wise beyond her years heroine.
A miracle in a way that most other movies aren’t.
[Fitzmaurice] has crafted an assured cinematic debut.
A beautiful film full of stunning imagery and even more poignant poetry.
Life-affirming and truly extraordinary. My Name is Emily is touching in its depiction of the irrepressible bonds of family and funny in its relating of being a socially awkward, weird teenager. It mourns loss but ultimately celebrates life.
[Lynch] gives Emily a lightness and ethereal quality (…) a commanding lead.
- Winner of Bingham Ray New Talent Award (Kathryn Kennedy)
- Winner of Best Cinematography (Seamus Deasy)
- Nominated for Best Feature Film
- Nominated for Actress in a Lead Role
- Nominated for Actor in Supporting Role
- Nominated for Film Script
- Nominated for Cinematography
- Nominated for Editing
- Nominated for Original Music
- Nominated for Sound
Writer/Director: Simon Fitzmaurice
Producers Lesley McKimm, Kathryn Kennedy
Cinematography: Seamus Deasy
Editor: Emer Reynolds
Production Design: John Hand
Composer: Stephen McKeon